Saturday, October 21, 2006

Tomato restaurant - supper Sat 21st

We walked and walked the streets because the sheer choice of restaurants overwhelmed us.

Eventually we decided on Tomato Restaurant (no the, just Tomato!). I thought about getting some Western food but eventually went with Sweet and Sour Chicken. Dion decided on chicken with cashew nuts.

They had some games on the table so we played two games while we waited for the food. We each won 1 although I suspected that D let me win the 2nd game. (Dion says he was sleepy and overconfident).

this is a picture of Dion's watermelon shake. You can see the game we played on the right.


The meal was okay, not great, but after that I was tired of all the Asian food so vowed to eat nothing for the next 2 days.

We stopped by our favourite jaunt, the 7-11, on the way back to the hotel to get water. However, we got sidetracked as we usually do, just gazing at all the different things that they have and we don't (in SA). Dion looks at all the snacks - chips, chocolates and so on, and I look through books and toiletries usually. We're a sad pair, aren't we?! Eventually we bought the water and left.

I decided to send an sms via email for my father's birthday since the phone calls to South Africa were so costly from the hotel.

No comments: