Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tesco Lotus - Wed 25/10/06

Another lazy morning.

Today I decided to ask for what I wanted (novel idea!) at breakfast. So I asked for banana (they brought 3 of the cutest little bananas I have ever seen - about 10cm long and 2cm in diameter) to cut up in my fruit salad and yoghurt, and a boiled egg. I had a delicious sandwich of wholewheat toast with sliced boiled egg and tomato. Yum! I love this combination.

We then read at the pool, sunbathed and swam until lunch time. Back to the room to change and then to Tesco. (They all say TescoLotus like it's one word - because it's at a shopping centre called Lotus Centre)

The hotel taxis are 50 baht more expensive than the ones on the street but we usually tried to get them down another 50 baht from that. So, the hotel rate to Tesco is 400 baht so we paid 300 baht. Thank goodness the car was airconditioned because it was very far.


This picture is actually from the Burger King at the Phuket Airport but it's the only fast food one I could find so there you go!



We got there at 4.30 and first walked around the food court to check menu, prices, etc. before settling on KFC. We shared both a zinger and a chicken tortilla. The zinger was lovely but not the tortilla - too much creamy sauce. Then we went to Dunkin Donuts for dessert before hitting the shops.

I am only slightly embarrassed to say that I went a bit wild - 2 handbags, 2 pairs shorts, 2 capri pants, 2 long pants, 6 t-shirts, some baby things for my sister, notebooks…and that's beside Dion's things. All that came to …wait for this…2089 baht, or R435! A bargain!

We also bought some toiletries at my favourite health & beauty store, Watsons (like Clicks, only better) and an Amy Tan novel. And then I spent the equivalent of about R50 on some glass rings and about 4 bracelets from a lady sitting outside one of the shops.

We were so tired of walking that we were happy to rest for supper at the Santa Fe Café for chicken before going back to the hotel. The taxi again wanted 400 baht but this time we paid 350 baht.

All in all, a very, very nice day.

No comments: