Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Our last day in KL - 31/10/06

We had a lovely late morning – went to breakfast late and took our time eating and then coming back to the room. Went to use the hotel’s internet facilities (big mistake – very expensive!) Had showers as late as possible (because our flight was only leaving at 1am and then we still had to travel 10 hours.

We then checked out and left our bags with the concierge and caught the hotel shuttle to The Curve, yet another shopping centre. It would return at 9pm which left plenty of time to get changed into flying clothes before our taxi collected us at 10pm.

We got to the Curve and drew some more money. Before hitting the shops, we found a public phone so that we could confirm our taxi and flights with our tour operator. All fine. Then we tried to phone Carey-Anne so that we could perhaps meet up for supper. Each time we’d hear her say Hello? Hello? And when I spoke, she couldn’t hear us and put down the phone quite quickly too. After the second call, I just left it. It seemed like too much hassle and I was getting stressed. So that’s it.

We were then hungry for lunch (this was about 3:30) so we went to Thai Express and split a curry because we wanted to save ourselves for supper. Delicious!

We then happened upon Borders and I’m not joking, spent the next couple of hours in that one store. Well, it is the biggest bookshop I have ever seen (like Macro, but for books) with two floors. You know this is heaven for us. We loooove bookshops. We spent some money there and much later, went to have a quick supper before the bus arrived. Got some pastries from a bakery for dessert and left. My one regret there is not going to Ikea – I read such a lot about Ikea from American blogs and then I was within walking distance of one and didn’t go. Oh well.

Things to do when next in Malaysia
1. Get new specs made
2. Go to Ikea
3. Take taxi to KL tower

We got back on time and we were so exhausted that we decided to go up the road to the KFC for a quick coffee. There was a lady in a wheelchair outside who was making personalised keyrings out of metal. Very pretty and I got one. However, I have since bashed the little ball to smithereens because the little tinkling was driving me battyJ

When we got back, the taxi driver was waiting. Since he was early, we quickly changed and then left with him. Remember the airport’s an hour away, even with no traffic at that time of night (10pm).

There were no problems checking in so we strolled around the airport for a bit, had some more KFC and then waited for our 1am flight.

I can’t even remember much of the flight back because I was exhausted and slept a lot but I do remember that we watched Click together and it was very good.

I love to be away but I’m always very happy to get home too. So on the flight already, I’m thinking that I have to do this and that when I get back.

Oooh, it was so good to get back.

And the weather was nice and cold which I love!

No comments: