Monday, October 30, 2006

Suria KLCC and walking the city - 30/10/06

This is the Suria KLCC shopping centre at the bottom of the Petronas Towers.



This place was amazing. About 6 floors of gorgeous expensive shops like Gucci, Prada, Gorgio Armani, Marc Jacobs, Burberry, Escada, Hermes, Chanel, Cartier and Nina Ricci.

We walked a lot and just window-shopped but we bought some Burger King food here (interestingly, at this Burger King, the dispensers have tomato sauce and chilli sauce for the chips – nice) and a delicious cinnamon bun. That’s the bun you see in the bag I’m holding. Yum! I totally indulged in cinnamon buns in Malaysia – so many places do the most beautiful cinnamon buns (I love everything with cinnamon).




I also bought these two watches and I now regret not buying more because they are lovely and weren’t badly priced at all (30 ringgit for two).





We then decided to walk to the KL tower since the information desk told us it was only 10 minutes away. Well, we walked and walked and walked and still no sign.


Eventually I was so hot and bothered and thirsty that I didn’t care if I ever saw the tower or not. Dion agreed, more for my sake than for his, and we decided to take the monorail back to our street, Bukit Bintang. After we bought tickets (they were 2.40 ringgit for both of us, per stop), we got some water at the shop. I swear that was the best water ever! I still have that water bottle and whenever I look at it, I remember that day.





We took the monorail and got off near one of the plazas. We went in and because of the gorgeous blast of aircon, we got our second wind. We bought ourselves MP4 players and lots of books, CDs and a new Bible for Dion at Chosen Treasure, a Christian bookshop. We stumbled upon it quite by accident trying to find a particular technology store. This place had such wonderful stuff and again, we regret not buying more, because of baggage restrictions.

And then we really were ready to go back to the hotel. We ate lunch at Burger King quite late so didn’t want a proper supper – Dion went to get a bun from the 7- 11 and I had Tesco Ritz biscuits (like our bacon kips here in South Africa) for supper. We then packed our bags (mostly) because although we still had a full 25 hours left in Malaysia, we had to check out in the morning. I later managed to arrange a late check-out for us at 2:00pm.

No comments: