Saturday, April 28, 2007

Where we stayed in Knysna


Dion was tasked with finding us a place to stay so he narrowed the numerous options down to 3 and then sent them to me. I happened to like the look of one particular room (yes, that's all I made my decision on) and so we booked Protea Guest House.

D and the landlady were chatting away and they mentioned church and would you believe it? She goes to the church of a pastor, Ps Jerome Nel, who often visits our church. So when we confirmed our dates and what-not, I emailed her and told her we'll be coming with her to church on the Sunday.

Anyway, aside from the Christian connection, it was a lovely place. She was extremely hospitable - I'll give you one example. After the first night, she saw how cold we were (not used to Knysna cold) and had an oil heater sent up to our little house.

Look at this view - is it not stunning???


So of course we took breakfast outside the one day when the weather was not too bad. That's me in the picture - I told Dion that he was not allowed to take a picture of my face looking horrible from sleep.

No comments: