Sunday, April 29, 2007

On the ferry and around Knysna Heads

Taking a boat trip on a body of water is definitely our thing. It's the one thing we can always agree that we want to do - like the Yarra River in Melbourne, trips to Phang Nga in Thailand, etc.

So because the weather was good (this is a relative term; I mean that it wasn't raining), we decided to get in our ferry trip before the weather worsened. This is the John Benn; it was lovely and warm inside the cabin and we also had great views.



Dion's pretend holiday home



This is the left part of the Knysna Heads. I don't know how true this is but the tour guide (again, a very loose term) told us even Lloyds of London won't insure any boat wanting to traverse through this point. Apparently very dangerous!



After the ferry, we took a drive to the top of the Heads where Dion took this picture.


and this one. Can you see how cold I'm getting here? I'm like, "get this over and done with so I can go have some tea?"


We went to a place called Paquita's for supper. Dion says the waiter was "off" with me - I don't know why. All I asked was for my food to be warmed ;)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

OK, what does "'off' with me" mean??

Ali Ambrosio said...

This is so cool - many of the same places we visited on our end-of-year holiday road trip.

Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Your photos of Cango Caves made me remember how livid I was during that tour. The guides had no control of the massive crowds, and all these kids (and adults!) were climbing all over the formations. I wanted to scream and cry "do you know how many millions of years development you just destroyed with your grubby finger?"

Sigh...

Anyhow, talk soon. Say hi to Dion.

Unknown said...

jsbchidscdmn;